LOWER HEYFORD & CAULCOTT
St. Mary's Church
The Parish of Lower Heyford lies beside the River Cherwell some 12 miles north of Oxford, about halfway between Oxford and Banbury. It includes the hamlet of Caulcott to house a population of just fewer than 400. St Mary's Church was consecrated in 1065 by the Saxon Bishop Wulfin of Dorchester but the current building dates from its rebuilding around 1350, with substantial 15th-century alteration and modernisation in the 19th century.